10th Annual Thursday Xmas Fun Day
Xmas Fun DayWhen:
Members and their guests are invited to nominate for the 2017 Thursday Xmas Fun Day, a day of golf and festivities.
The main golf competition is Individual Stableford with separate divisions for men and women. The two winners will receive $100 Pro-Shop credit, $30 to both runners-up and another three prizes in each division. There will also be Nearest-to-the-Pin and Long Drives in A, B and C Grades for men and women (2 golf balls each).
- $10,000 Hole-in-One - every player will have the opportunity to win $10,000.
- Teams Challenge Shield - players are selected into four teams. Every member of the winning team collects a PRIZE PACK (bottle of wine, golf towel and golf ball).
- Modified Putting Competition - men's and women's divisions (golf umbrella and 2 golf balls).
As usual, a hot Christmas lunch catered, individually plated and served by the Pro-Shop Catering Services and a generous beverages package are provided after the golf is done and dusted.
But wait . . . there's more!!
On arrival, every player will receive a Xmas Gift Pack with goodies valued around $10.
In the Clubroom, this year's XFD Raffle will feature five prizes:
- Three fabulous NX-G Golf Bags rrp $250 especially embossed for the 2017 Xmas Fun Day
- Two $100 Shopping Vouchers
- Tickets: $5ea and only available on the day to XFD players.
$10 per player . . . all inclusive (Raffle Tickets excepted).
A copy of the Clubroom Notice can be viewed or downloaded via the link below.
The fine print:
1. Players can nominate to play in single-gender groups or mixed groups. Register with preferred partner(s) or register solo . . . assistance will be provided.
2. Priority registration opens on 1 November 2017 See Eric or Merrilyn.
3. Golf carts will be provided for players allocated to start on the far flung tees.
4. Be warned, there are always surprises on the day . . .
The Booking Sheet opens on 1 December 2017 however player numbers are limited. Last year, the Booking Sheet filled within 24 hours. Don't miss out - use Priority Registration.
Any queries? See FAQ's below, talk to Eric / Merrilyn or- - - email: email@example.com
How does priority registration work? Any member who wishes to commit to participating in the event can register from 1 November 2017. Early registration makes it easier to satisfy requests for specific playing partners or to assist find partners. Everyone is welcome to register early - it is not exclusive to Thursday players.
Are there more details on the $10k hole-in-one? First of all, many thanks to the sponsor, Baillieu Holst Financial Advisers. The 16th Hole will be set at 155m for men and 143m for women and there will be an 'independant observer' adjacent to the green to verify all claims. If a player scores a hole-in-one, the prize is immediately reinstated for the rest of the field - no limit to the number of winners. Winners, their playing partners and the official 'observer' have their photo taken and must complete some paperwork (provided on the day). GOOD LUCK.
*Any conditions on the other Bonus Prizes? Yes - please note that the other Bonus Prizes can only be claimed at the Xmas Fun Day. For example, to collect a Prize Pack as part of the winning Challenge Team, players MUST BE PRESENT in the Clubroom. Similarly, players not in the Clubroom are not included in the putting competitions and the prizes will be awarded to the players with the best putting score who are present. (Note: this is not a condition of the Hole-in-One Bonus Event.)
Can participants play golf and not have lunch? The Entry Fee is all inclusive. A player can choose not to have lunch subject to paying the full Entry Fee AND advising that no lunch is required. The cost of the meals is heavily subsidised so it is imperative that the correct number of meals is ordered. (Please also note the above conditions for Bonus Prizes.)
Do non-Thursday players enjoy the day? Yes. Yes. Yes. Click on the 'XFD Photo Album 2016' link below - plenty of Saturday / Tuesday / Wednesday players amongst the grinners . . . and winners!!